Hey hey! Today I just wanted to do a short tutorial for one of my go-to styles: the flat twist out.
When I have tons of energy and some extra time on my hands, I make smaller twists and more rollers, but when I want something quick and cute, I use these steps below:
- Starting with dry hair, I separate my hair into 5 large section using my fingers to make 4 parts from my forehead to the base of my neck. I don't worry about making the parts perfect, but I do try to to make sure my 5 sections are about the same size.
- I apply a quarter size amount of a moisturizing product to each section (I usually use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Creme) and apply a little bit of oil to each section seal to seal in the moisture.
- I flat twist each from front to back, twisting all the way to the ends of my hair.
- I take 3 small permrods and place them on the ends of my twists: 1 on the middle twist, and 1 rod for the 2 twists on the right side, and 1 rod for the 2 twists on the left side of my head.
- To sleep, I cover my hair with a satin bonnet. In the morning, I place a little oil on my hands and gently unravel each twist.
Here are some pics of how my hair looks before bed, and the finished style
*please excuse my early morning, half-sleep, no make up face :)