When I was packing boxes to prepare for my move, I found a ton of barely-used hair products collecting dust under the sink. Between deciding what to toss, give away, or keep, I started testing out products and stumbled across a new regimen to maintain my wash-n-gos!
I love the quickness of a wash-n-go, but not the tangles and single strand knots I get from them. Also, I am rarely able to get "second day hair" without re-wetting my hair or applying a heavy gel that creates crunchy hair (and contributes to even more tangles!)..that is, until now. After a cute wash-n-go, I follow these steps at night:
- Spray hair with a mix of water, glycerin, and Aphogee pro vitamin leave-in conditioner. I realized that my hair must have been lacking protein because after washing my hair and using the protein-based Aphogee leave-in, my curls do not break/snap as easily. I added the leave-in to my homemade hair mix to balance moisture and protein of my hair.
- Apply SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie for moisture.
- Smooth IC hair polisher styling gel onto the hair. I love this gel because it smooths my edges, but is also water-based and can be used on my whole head to define and clump my curls with no crunchiness or any residue at all by the end of the day.
- Apply Creme of Nature Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Polisher as a sealant.
- Set the hair into 2 large twists to sleep.
- Fluff and separate curls in the AM.
With this combo of products, my hair stayed moisturized and soft to the touch while maintaining the texture and definition of my original wash-n-go. I was able to do this same process for a week with the same results and with no visible product build-up!
|Second day hair|